This position will focus on process and formulation development of peptide drug. The successful candidate will work closely with the Process Development, manufacturing and Quality Control teams under the supervision of formulation group leader. The successful candidate will provide formulation and process development, optimization and scale-up support for generic peptide drug product development, and carry out other tasks assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning and carrying out experiments under the supervision of formulation group leader.
- Under the guidance and supervision, analysis of the raw materials, APis, excipients and drug products with all needed methods;
- Assist the team leader to interpret the experimental data obtained from formulation work.
- Assist in creating and revising technical reports, maintaining appropriate lab records; Initiating and generating ideas based on reading and research.
- Assist in devising new formulation, or refining existing ones and transferring to partner for drug product formulation;
- Assist in scaling up of the formulation studies to pilot scale and/or production scale.
- Proposing improvement based on the formulation studies;
- Maintaining and modification of the related instrument /equipment. Responsible for the hardware development/acquisition needed for formulation and PD work.
- Working with a different dept. of the company at various stages of drug product development;
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Responsibilities may change based on business demand or strategy and/or the organizational needs of the company.
- Prefer the candidate to have master degree in chemistry, pharmaceuticals, formulation or biochemistry, or bachelor degree with > 2 years relevant working experience
- The candidate is expected to be proficient with HPLC.
- 0-2 years of experience with pharmaceutical/biotech company or CMO/CRO is preferred. Candidate from the academic unit is also welcome if the above requirements are met.
- Must be able to work overtime in the evening or weekend occasionally.
- Candidate must meet company employment requirements such as drug screen and probation time.