Purification Chemist I:
The Purification Chemist I position is an entry level chemist position. The person that is offered the position will be trained and responsible for following peptide manufacture process in a controlled GMP environment as well as and performing related activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a GMP environment to perform the peptide purification processes through chromatography as well as other various purification techniques.
- Use analytical skills to prevent and solve possible process complications and problems.
- Work as part of a team to complete specific projects in a timely manner.
- Follow approved GMP manufacture directions such as Production Batch Records, Standard Operation Procedures, Standard Test Procedures and other procedures.
- Help the team to install, test, operate and maintain equipment for manufacturing and in-process testing.
- Help the team to investigate any process deviation. Write deviation reports and initiate document change requests.
- Monitor compliance of Maintenance and Cleaning procedures of equipments and instruments used in GMP processes by periodically reviewing and signing off on maintenance and cleaning logs for each equipment.
- Help QC and QA departments to maintain the equipment calibration program.
- Must be willing to work three shifts and seven days when necessary.
These responsibilities may change from time to time based on the business demand and company’s organizational needs.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent
- Must have the ability to lift and carry 50 pound loads
- The successful candidate must be able to work on multiple projects with a minimum of supervision and meet established timelines.