What is the typical purity percentage of custom peptides?

At AmbioPharm, the purity percentage of custom peptides is set by our partner’s specification. Typically, many researchers choose >95% by reverse-phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography (RP-HPLC or rHPLC). This means that 95% of the NET PEPTIDE content (but not the total peptide content, see “What is net peptide content?“) of the lyophilized powder shipped to you is composed of your target peptide. The other 5% of the PEPTIDE material in your sample is usually composed of the deletion and/or addition sequences that sometimes co-elute with the target peptide. These deletion and addition sequences are generated during peptide synthesis due to the inefficiencies of coupling certain amino acids (typically β-branched residues (Ile, Val and Thr) or those with bulky protecting groups (Arg, Gln, Cys and Asn) are either missing or sometimes duplicated) in some of the synthesized molecules. Purity is usually determined by reverse-phase HPLC. We have the ability to meet any purity percentage which you may desire.

Read more about purity here.

Read about net peptide content here.

Interested in learning more about Peptide Manufacturing? Contact Us.

Go back to all FAQs