The current Covid-19 pandemic has created a worldwide demand for essential businesses especially those related to healthcare and pharmaceuticals to remain open. Ambiopharm Inc. is qualified as an essential business for providing pharmaceutical peptides for the production of drug products that are critical for patients worldwide. Ambiopharm Inc. has maintained a site-wide Covid-19-free workplace both here in North Augusta as well as our site in Shanghai since the outbreak began in Wuhan, China in December 2019.
During this crisis period, AmbioPharm is adopting all recommendations that have been published by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to minimize any risk of Covid-19 transmission in the workplace. Below are listed some of the more critical steps we are doing to protect our clients and our workers while providing critical active pharmaceutical ingredients for use in medicines and ongoing clinical trials:
- All non-essential business travel has been suspended.
- All internal meetings of more than 5 people, as well as meetings with non-critical offsite vendors, have been suspended.
- All external visits (QA audits, customer visits, etc.) are postponed until this pandemic crisis has abated.
- We have provided work-from-home solutions for those employees who can effectively work from home.
- On-site operations have adopted a two-shift schedule in all departments to reduce employee contact and maintain proper social distancing.
- Internal surfaces in common areas site-wide are cleaned at a minimum of 4 times daily with isopropyl alcohol sanitizers (door handles, tables, cubicles, as well as all external doors and handles, etc.)
- We are limiting breakrooms to only 5 employees at one time to maintain proper social distancing.
- We are requiring all employees, including those working from home, to fill out and submit a weekly screening report to ensure we are tracking and monitoring all potential exposure risks.
- Any employee who has any symptoms or who has any risk of potential exposure must maintain a 14-day self-quarantine prior to returning to the workplace.
- We have set up a Teladoc station for any employee who has concerns about their risk of exposure to receive a virtual evaluation with a doctor.